Wednesday, April 27

how I write

now to empty the mind, that’s the first step
well, the first step, after getting ‘warmed up’
which takes me about an hour of rolling around, stretching, showering, drinking a cup of tea and, ideally, taking the dog for a walk - all at the break of dawn

but , small steps, for now I’m happy to sit down , before noon, and get back to writing

so calm the mind, banish thoughts  and interruptions - using my apps and glasses to create a trance, as I sit, or , more usually, stand, in my special writing place , with the timer set for 25 minutes

if I can just keep the fingers moving across the keys for that long, I’ll earn a break, a small five minute celebration , before I reset the timer and get working again,

And I’ll do this however many times it takes to get that day’s word count accumulated

1,000 words - 90 days - three months - completed novel - that’s the goal

nothing else really happening in my life, aside from a new job and a move and some summer travel , and the perils of trying to earn dual college tuitions - which means I may need to split that writing time with freelance work.....

these are the busy bees swarming about , those that I’ll need to silence so I can enjoy the solitude and the joy of composition  - when I am writing - it is OK, I am OK, and everything is Good Enough, or even, sometimes, Great , those rare occasions when I make myself smile or , more rarely, laugh alout

There is research to do, and planning, and all this counts as “real” writing. 

But for now, the job is to put words on paper, form to story, so that , later in the day, when I am tired, and I’m wondering what I accomplished I can think ‘THIS, I wrote today, and tomorrow, I will do it again’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home