Saturday, January 2

and once more - one mile and a thousand words

what is the deal with one thousand words? 

only that I;m getting back to my novel, abandoned after the move to New York and the subsequent necessity for a job search

I spent half of last year, working on it weekly while in the writing program in Boston, and the goal was to have had a finished draft by September

instead, what I ended up with was a map of what the novel was going to be , and an idea of the skills necessary, the discipline and practices of execution, for getting it there

The goal for this year is to keep working, each day, good or bad, one thousand words, with no research or revision or even much planning, for three months.

I'll then spend the rest of the year , or at least the next six months, assembling and revising

With a sample chapters ready to show agents by April.

Similarly, I got back to running today.  One mile in Central Park.  10.38 minutes.  34 degrees.
Not that long or fast, though I was with the dog, which presented different challenges ( lots of tugging and racing ahead and other dogs , squirrels and fresh piles of horse dung to sniff at on the trail )

I'll need to kick the job search off later today, as well as keep up with the current contract.

And I'm worried to death about my daughter, based upon a vague  and condemnatory one line email her mother sent me two days ago.  Though I can only keep texting, and try to get back there for a visit as soon as I sort out the frozen bank accounts and get all of my checks since Thanksgiving cleared. 

In the meantime, off to the bookstore to do more research to assist with her college applications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home