Wednesday, January 27

still here, still writing

Back again , after two or three weeks which have seen a snowstorm, lots of driving back and forth between Maryland and New York,  the surprise conclusion of gainful employment and the resuscitation of my job search.  Along with alot of pondering about just what I want to do with my life and where I want to be doing it. 

Oh , and Dvaid Bowie died, so you can check Spotify for the soundtrack of the past two weeks ( insert here )  This was a major influence on my thinking, as I wandered the streets of New York City, thinking about creation and identity.

That note, above, "insert here" - that's how I've been doing lots of writing these days.  And I have been writing.  Every morning - to the point where I feel antsy if the hour is drawing close and I'm not already typing. Now to move that hour earlier.

At a Writers Meetup this evening.  A new thing for me, and in keeping with my resolution to find more creative people while I am here in New York City.  Especially since I may have to move ( high cost of living , pending eviction, no job  - and the same salaries available in Austin, Baltimore or North Carolina with a much lower cost of living ( and probably a higher quality of life ) .

 So while I'm here , I'm making connections.  Or trying to , among not only the tech community, which has previously been my focus, but amongst whatever writers, editors,  agents and designers as I can find as well

Added bonus - I'd like to add some evening writing times to this routine.  Perhaps after I find employment.    The current three week challenge is to cut sweets and baked good s from my diet and to get exercising again. One self-set challenge at a time, for three weeks ( until the habit solidifies )

Thiis is kind of dumb, however, sitting here typing in public when I know there are others around doing the same thing.  I could be home writing, or a coffee shop, without the "writer" tagged attached.  But then , I was about to bail on last night's meetup five minutes after arriving and instead stuck it out and solidified some previous contacts


Whoo hooo.  Maybe I will stay in NYC after al.  Well, whereever I live, I'm going to keep writing ( and get back to doing a better job with updting this blog as well .






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home