Monday, January 4

first truly cold day of the year  - tested my resolve to get up early ( failed, my muscles ached so much I tossed and turned all night ) . 

 I did get out running - it was so cold the dog's leash snapped at a weak point when we were less than a quarter of a mile down the Bridle Path.  Walked back from the Park with the long end looped over her collar, got a cup of coffee to warm up the fingers and brain ( lost the resolve to abstain as well ) and then muscled my way through another thousand words.

It wasn't easy.  And I still ache as if I've been shot out of a cannon ( the freezing trip down to Union Square to replace the leash didn't help ) but I stuck with my exercise , writing and work .

Plenty of financial headaches ahead, plenty of long hours "on the job" , and the seemingly endless pursuit of new employment yet to start up again.

And it's never going to all be done.

“What we get when we turn pro is, we find our power. We find our will and our voice and our self-respect. We tread in blood when we turn pro" -- Stephen Pressfield, "Turning PRO"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home